On April 18, 1949 Trinity Lutheran Church was officially organized. The first service was held in an old schoolhouse purchased in 1948.

Under Pastor Eugene Nilson, Waverly and Trinity became a parish affiliated with the E.L.C.A.
Pastor Robert Onkka was installed in 1955 and land was purchased for the future site of a new church.

In 1961 Pastor Virgil Westgor was installed.

Pastor Lyle Rich began his pastorate here in 1964 and construction of the new church began.
The first service was held in the new building on December 13, 1965.

A new addition in 1975 included two Sunday School rooms and a lounge.

In 1977 Morris Ulring became our pastor and stained glass windows were added.

Pastor Tom Hanson was installed in 1982.

Pastor Eugene Anderson was installed in 1989.

The year 1999 was a busy year as we celebrated our 50th Anniversary in June and later began construction on a new addition which includes 2 Sunday School rooms, a storage area, a Gathering Room, new bathrooms, and a pastor's office.

A new roof was put on in 2004.

A complete landscaping project was done in  the summer of 2008.

In 2009 new carpet was installed.

2010-2012 Pastor Gerald Giese was interim pastor for Trinity.

in 2012 Air conditioning  was installed.  Trinity's Building loan was paid off and Trinity became debt free.

July 2013-Vicar Kent Krumwiede became our interim pastor.

Rev. Krista Strum was installed as Pastor in August of 2015.

On October 4, 2015 we celebrated 50 years in our church building.

A new heating system was installed in September of 2016.

 

Our current membership is 381.

Additional information